There are more good news for our guests traveling in the next weeks and for everybody who wants to visit Costa Rica!
By the end of January, we informed that some 130+ labs in Costa Rica offer PCR coronavirus testing for tourists and the support Costa Rica Expeditions offers to our in-country guests.
Besides the PCR, – starting this week, private labs in Costa Rica will offer rapid antigen tests for travelers to comply with their home country regulations. The antigen test has an average cost of $60 + 13% tax, and the labs are promising same-day results.
When should I get tested?
Many countries, including the United States, have set a new policy that require that every person returning to their countries must have been tested for Covid 72 hours before boarding their flights.
The new policy requires all air passengers, regardless of vaccination status, to get a test for current infection within three days before their flight departs, as well as providing written documentation of their test results, or proof of having recovered from Covid-19.
In the case of all guests traveling with Costa Rica Expeditions, we guarantee full support to guarantee the necessary logistics to get tested before departing Costa Rica.
Important to know:
- Costa Rica Expeditions has a list of authorized laboratories that provide the antigen test, and we offer our guests full support to organize the logistics of their vacations in a way that they get tested on time before departing Costa Rica.
- Results will be delivered the same day (depending on your location) by e mail.
- It is available by appointment, but Costa Rica Expeditions will assist guests to get this organized.
- Present identification and a flight ticket/itinerary for an international flight within 72 hours. The test will only be carried out on people who present an air ticket for travel outside of Costa Rica.
- The sample for the test is a nasopharyngeal swab.
- Antigen tests meet the United States’ entry requirements. Per the CDC:
- Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT), such as reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), and transcription-mediated amplification (TMA).
Do I need proof of Covid-19 test even if I have been vaccinated already?
This is a common question among those travelers that have already passed the vaccination process, the answer is yes. As of today, it is required by many countries that every person returning to their countries get tested for Covid-19 before boarding the plane. This requirement also applies to those passengers that have been already vaccinated.
Besides, our full support 24/7, it is important to mention that many of the hotels in different regions of the country are offering the assistance to help guests get tested. Costa Rica Expeditions will coordinate with the hotel you are using at the end of your vacation. In case they cannot provide the necessary logistics, we will make sure to provide it for you.
If you want to travel worry-free, we take care of your logistics from day one until the day of your departure, click on the button below: